Cost Estimator - Metals
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in Automotive News. A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
The Cost Estimator analyzes product specifications and then applies specialized knowledge of methodologies, techniques, principles and processes to determine labor, material and other direct and indirect costs involved in producing metal products.
- This individual will be responsible for quoting metals products throughout the North American operations and will be responsible for all aspects within the quoting management for all OEMs and developing new business. Strategically reduces cost by implementing lean manufacturing techniques.
- Provides technical expertise with respect to engineering procedures and practices in order to standardize the companys efforts;
- Provides technical advice to Program Managers with respect to issues concerning advanced product engineering, manufacturing, production stamping, die processes, assembly processes and customer cost evaluations;
- Interact with manufacturing, sales, internal engineering, and tooling vendors to formulate estimates and resolve issues
- If not supplied by customer, determines weights and raw material specification
- Identifies equipment, labor , raw material purchased components, packaging and other requirements needed to produce the product
- Compete Tooling RFQs and send out to tooling vendors
- Determine manufacturing processes required to produce product and properly estimate order of operations. Complete Workbook for approval.
- Secure vendor pricing and apply standard cost factors to determine price of manufacture
- Provide recommendation of tooling and process for review with Estimating manager
- Complete Cost Estimating Sheet, applying profit mark up, to determine the recommended selling price for review with Management.
- Assist in completing customer quotation forms as necessary.
- Confer with engineers, design and manufacturing on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
- Prepare estimates used by management for planning, organizing and scheduling work
- Maintain data in information system or database
- Bachelors degree Engineering field or related experience in Engineering.
- 5 or more years of related experience in cost estimating/manufacturing environment
- Experience in tool build, troubleshooting, and tool follow up
- Strong math & computer skills
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written, speaking and listening)
- Ability to read blueprints and designs
- Ability to use CAD software
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience.
- Solid judgement and decision making skills
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work effectively independent or as a member of a team.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Must be able to work well under deadlines and manage multiple priorities
Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.
Lots of growth opportunity.
The companys young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.
Not just a joba great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.